Friday, 22 April 2016

Black Crow

Any Joni Mitchell fans out there? I'm not per se, but I don't think you necessarily have to be to enjoy this one. You also don't need to know that Skywalker, the trainee shaman in this story featured in a couple of pieces from Mike Vosburg in the pages of Imagine & Star*Reach, as she introduces herself here fairly succinctly.
So what do you need to know? Only that this is a labour of love and tour de force from Lee Marrs & Mike Vosburg, with a fantastic premise, and is all about no matter how they try, men and women will probably never really understand each other.


  1. Didn't see this one coming...
    I seem to recall Imagine or Star Reach also had a story with Crosby Stills and Nash in it. Bloody hippies, eh?

    Actually, I often find the trippy Castaneda bollocks in a certain kind of 70s comic quite endearing, but would have enjoyed it here more without the Joni Mitchell stand in.

    "Perhaps I had drawn my Dick persona too tightly" was a pretty good line though.


  2. Yeh, 'Wooden Ships On The Water' by Steve Leialoha, if I remember correctly, and not a hippier strip could you find anywhere. Endearing is the word, definitely.