Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Beware The Little People!



It's St. Paddy's Day, the one night a year where everyone can pretend they've got Irish blood in them, so enjoy a drink or several tonight, will yeh.
But careful now, whatever ye do, don't go makin' any bargains with th' little people. Gil Kane & Frank Giacoia tried to in The House Of Mystery, Jack Kirby & Joe Simon did the same in Black Magic, and Jack Oleck & Ramona Fradon fell into the same trap in The House Of Secrets.
And look what happened to them.


























3 comments:

  1. First, I love your blog! I'm a huge fan of this era of comics! I was very lucky(ish)that my siblings were much older and I inherited many of their comics and my middle brother worked for a printing company and would bring home "torn cover" issues (remember those!?). Hopefully, I've come to the right place to find something from my childhood. It was either a house of mystery or secrets. I seem to recall both Cain and Able being in it. The stories included one of a mermaid trying to live in a harbor town but, then the townsfolk get suspicious after a movie about a woman controlling a sea-serpent shows in town and she has to leave. There was also a story about a man killing another man on a mountain and as he fell, he looked like a snowman. A friend dressed like a snowman and came after the killer who heard the dead man's voice even though no one was speaking and he confessed to the murder. Any chance anyone remembers this issue? Thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eesh, sorry John, they could be from anywhere. The only snow one that springs to mind is Wally Wood's 'Sno'Fun' but I don't think it's that. If I ever come across them tho' I'll post 'em for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate it anyway! Maybe it will pop-up soon!

    ReplyDelete