Sunday, 5 July 2009

The Spirit Jam


As it's Monday, I'm sure we could all do with a pick-me-up, so from 1981, here's the absolutely- beyond-incredible Spirit Jam, starring, well, just about everybody! Here's associate editor Cat Yronwode's introduction:
" Like a musical jam session, this 36 page extravaganza does have a cohesive refrain, a basic plotline. But within that context each contributor was given virtually unlimited freedom to create characters, situations, dialogue & subplots. The result is a story which meanders from serious adventure to parody and back again, with numerous in-jokes along the way. "
Imagine It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World in comic book form, and you have some idea of how insanely brilliant this piece is. Luckily, you don't have to imagine, 'cos here's the whole thing.!




































3 comments:

  1. Yet again you take me back. I had/have this. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on a borrowed pc (I'll be sooo glad when mine's fixed) leaves me little time for commenting on my fave blogs, but I have to take time to tell you what a bang-up job you continue to do here. It's pieces like this that make me love--and envy--your far-out blog, Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise indeed from His Grooveness. As Nick Fury would say: Awright, awright! Cut it out, ya know I blush easy!

    ReplyDelete