Saturday, 7 March 2009

The Spirit's Casebook Of True Haunted Houses & Ghosts


Yesterday would have been Will Eisner's 92nd birthday, and, even though I had this post ready, I completely forgot to put it up. Ah well, better late than never! To celebrate, here's something ultra-rare from the great man.

I picked this up in Cambridge's legendary remaindered bookshop sometime in, I guess, 1976.
It's such an odd project for Eisner to do, I'd love to know the who, when, where & why. Was it a case of contractual obligation? Or did Will just really like ghost stories?













2 comments:

  1. Its a strange little book, isn't it? Some of the stories are pretty gruesome like The Handless Ghost above and The Ghostly Justice Of Lancashire in which a 17th century collier hacks his girlfriend to death with his pick. Nice. And all from "the webbed casebook of The Spirit."

    I'm fairly sure Will produced some other paperbacks for this range, including one about UFOs, but I've never seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't say that! Will did a book about UFO's?!!
    LET'S SEE IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete